Philex Megaboos 4 way aerial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a Megaboost single aerial in the attic a few years ago and it is really brilliant.
Decided now to replace it with the 4 way aerial but the instructions are a bit confusing.

It states that the coax from the aerial goes to the distribution box fitted on the aerial (marked IN) this is the same as the single unit.

It then goes on to say that the PSU can be fitted into any of the other four outlets. Somehow I can't see the logic in this.
If the PSU is marked INPUT and TV so how will it feed the four TV's if the unit is only in one coax "output" line.

Philex can only help with an 09 number at £1 per minute.

Any help appreciated.

Bernard

Sponsored Links
Is it this one?

It would appear to have a masthead distribution amplifier bolted on the side. The PSU supplies power to the amp via one coax (which also carries TV signal). The other three outputs are on the masthead amp itself, so you'd have to run the wires up the pole.

I'd be inclined to take the amp off and relocate it somewhere more convenient to access.

Yes, that is the one.

Seems clearer now though.

The PSU is marked "IN" and "TV" so I now assume I connect it in any of the four outputs with the "TV" side connected to the TV end of that output coax.

The PSU will also supply the masthead preamp to boost the other 3 outputs.

It's all going in the attic so moving the preamp/booster is not needed.

Bernard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back