Picture used in advert..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my early 17th ed cu pictures post on DIYnot has been borrowed by a female spark advertising on Gumtree in London.

I'm sort of flattered, but she has described herself as honest working, and headlines her advert with someone else's work!

What woul you suggest I do?

Shall I ask her over on the pretext of a huge job, let her have access to my cu and see what happens... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Complain about copyright theft to Gumtree themselves and insist that they take the image down.

Although, it's possible that the copyright is actually now owned by DIYnot - since you volutarily posted it on here yourself!

Complain about copyright theft to Gumtree themselves and insist that they take the image down.

Although, it's possible that the copyright is actually now owned by DIYnot - since you volutarily posted it on here yourself!
You never lose copyright unless you sign it over to a third party - which clearly you didn't do in this case.
If she is passing your work as hers then she is clearly guilty of false advertising - Also if she is registered to a competent persons scheme she will fall foul of their rules and regulations.

You never lose copyright unless you sign it over to a third party - which clearly you didn't do in this case.
If she is passing your work as hers then she is clearly guilty of false advertising - Also if she is registered to a competent persons scheme she will fall foul of their rules and regulations.

IF the terms and conditions of a website (which you agree to when you sign up by scrolling straight down to the bottom and ticking a box) state that copyright to all material placed on the site is considered to have passed to them, then that's exactly what the law would find.

Not saying that is necessarily the case with DIYnot, I haven't checked, but it certainly happens with quite a few sites.

Sponsored Links
I had a photo I posted on here plagerised by the ESC. I complianed to them and they have now credited the photo to me, and compensated me for it's use.

Someone called Kellie, now had they pm'd me I'd have said ok provided they allowed a Chri5 watermark over the picture :LOL:

I did miss her call earlier, and have since left 2 texts and a vmail. If we don't speak I'll get the wife to play dumb, phone as a potential client and get her over for a quote..

I'm thinking of writing my own advert, and it will start with 'Male Electrician'.

Someone called Kellie, now had they pm'd me I'd have said ok provided they allowed a Chri5 watermark over the picture :LOL:

I did miss her call earlier, and have since left 2 texts and a vmail. If we don't speak I'll get the wife to play dumb, phone as a potential client and get her over for a quote..

You could ask her how come circuit 1 is a 40A RCBO feeding what appears to be a 2.5 radial :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back