Pilot Light keeps Going Out ...

CBB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Glow Worm EP60B gas boiler approx. 8 years old. Pilot light went out and had new thermocouple fitted. Pilot light still goes out whether on demand or not. Can light pilot sometimes but not always. To me the button you have to hold in while lighting takes place seems 'iffy'. Any thoughts very welcome. My boiler man says it's the heat exchanger ... Thanks

Sponsored Links
it could be the gas valve as you say. I would check any interrupters fitted before changing the gas valve. :D

Right - Interrupter is a connections to an overheat thermostat - electrical switches which stop the thermocouple signal getting back to the GV.

If the pilot goes out it could be that it needs a clean/service. By a corgi of course.
Or it could be overheating ;)

Where does this pilot keep going when it goes out ?, down the pub or to the gym, maybe your nagging at it too much and driving it away.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back