Pine barn door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there ;)
Boy! just been reading some of the posts on one coat gloss vs und/gloss :D Oooh, very good reading they were, kept me amused for ages, came on to ask a question half hour ago, but couldn't leave the topic lol!
Hmmmm, I've just bought (today) a large tin of Dulux ;) 'one coat' satinwood paint, ooh eck' :D
Anyway, back to the question I came on here to ask lol, I have a barn door in my kitchen, would it be OK to just paint it as it is or do I treat it first :?:
It's never been painted or varnished it's just normal pine with knots, but dreary and quite drab now...especially as I have 2 male rotties who keep jumping on it and dirtying it :rolleyes:
Thanx in advance for any help :!:
Eve X

Sponsored Links
If there are knots in the pine it might be safer to treat them with a "patent knotting compound" before you paint. This will inhibit the tendency of some knots to "bleed" resin through your nice new coat of paint in due course.

Scrit

Awww, thanx scrit for the prompt reply, I kinda figured I would need something for the knots, their pretty big too.
Will do as you recommend. :)
Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back