Pipe Lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small damp patch that I have traced to the down-pipe from the flat roof above.
The only problem is this pipe is buried into the stone work of the house and I no way of replacing it.
Is there any way of lining this pipe to prevent it leaking. It's only narrow pipe and everything I've seen on line is for the sewerage pipes.

Any ideas on how to waterproof the internals of the without breaking into a 200 year old wall.

My idea is to use some 50mm flexible pipe, feed it through the pipe then seal it around the top. This should stop the water going through the damaged pipe but still have an outflow using the flexible pipe

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If these are flats, who has responsibility for maintenance of the building structure?

The precise cause of the leak needs to be known, before you can consider a solution, but if this is a typical rainwater down pipe, then lining is not an option.

As above.

OP,
Are you talking about a cast iron (CI) pipe recessed (but exposed) in channels in stonework?
Or is it buried, out of sight in the fabric of the building?

Not Flats & the roof belongs to me. The leak can only be coming from the down pipe as it bends towards the out flow.
The pipe is buried into the wall and there is no way of accessing the bend.
If anyone has any other ideas on how to repair I'll be listening

Sponsored Links
What you suggest seems the easiest way to me

I did see something on tomorrow's world ( shows how long ago!) where a sausage skin type membrane was rolled into a pipe under water pressure and hardened somehow (hot water?)
The idea was to extend water main pipes lifespan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back