Pipe Run?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Im Installing a new boiler upstairs in my house, and to connect the CH Flow and return I am going to have to take the pipes on a route where they will rise 4" then fall 4" under the floorboards. this is on the main flow and return lines (before any radiators feed off) - Is it ok to do this or will this cause an air block - I havent got much room to add a bleed valve - and anyway It would be under the floorboards!

Sponsored Links
If you used Hep20 for this bit, assuming your are far enough away from the boiler, would it make it any easier?

I wouldn't think the 4 inch rise on your pipework would make any difference if you are fitting a combi boiler as the flow and return pressure should be enough to negate this :D .
The rules are however that a air vent should be placed at the highest point to release any trapped air but I would be inclined to go ahead due to the small rise in height of your pipework.
I must say that I am puzzled by why you need to run your pipework like this and would have a look to see if there is an alternative route ;)

Sponsored Links
You could install "finger" vents, which are very small, so that you can get rid of air on installation/first fill. After that any air which collects will dissolve into the water eventually.

Boiler primaries often have to go up, across a ceiling and own the other side, and they're ok.

If your heating system is VENTED though, you're stuffed - the vent has to rise continuously from the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back