Pipe sizing for Prima 50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Pott Prima 50 has 22mm flow and return for about 1.5 m to 3 port then the heating flow comes out of it and immediately reduces to 15mm... Is this ok? If the boiler runs at full heat it bangs like a b**tard!

Any ideas

Jelboy

Sponsored Links
Its an older system (boiler 7 yrs old). I have recently changed the 3 port (honeywell) and the programmer to try to fix another prob... HW in cylinder not getting hot when both CH and HW are on... Am stiffled and can't work out best plan of action. There is also a small hall rad which looks like it is acting as the bypass (15mm pipe off HW return runs to it). Poss probs are all related?

Any ides would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
If its always done this the best fix is probably to fit an auto bypass across the flow and return after the pump but before the valve.

Tony

As I said in a previous post I believe that the small hall rad is acting as the bypass and no it has not always happened...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back