pipe stat on Rayburn setup

The introduction of motorized valves is not the best way to go, or a good idea.

The live to the pump connects to 2 in the stat.

I said you'll burn the boiler out, not the fuel, the Rayburn should be ticking over quietly, not roaring away.

Would you be kind enough to expand on this statement please.

What would you recommend?
The Rayburn website has an S plan setup with motorised valves although I note from previous post you say there should be nothing on the primaries.

If need be I'll try and get someone who is experienced with this sort of system but I want to stop it boiling the tank and winter is approaching so the rayburn will be on more.

Sponsored Links
The introduction of motorized valves is not the best way to go, or a good idea.

The live to the pump connects to 2 in the stat.

I said you'll burn the boiler out, not the fuel, the Rayburn should be ticking over quietly, not roaring away.

Would you be kind enough to expand on this statement please.

What would you recommend?
The Rayburn website has an S plan setup with motorised valves although I note from previous post you say there should be nothing on the primaries.

If need be I'll try and get someone who is experienced with this sort of system but I want to stop it boiling the tank and winter is approaching so the rayburn will be on more.

If you branch off the primary pipes, for the radiators, you could fit an MV, but there should be one rad connected to the primary pipes as a heat sink in any case.

To comment on the S plan, I would need to know the boiler/cooker details, but I will suggest they are talking modern appliances, not antique solid fuel boilers/cookers.

If in any doubt ask the manufacturer.

Can I suggest you read the literature that you posted the link too.

http://www.rayburn-web.co.uk/raytech/chtg2.htm

If you branch off the primary pipes, for the radiators, you could fit an MV

Thats what I meant earlier you cantankerous oul git. Ok so I didn't explain it that well. Its obvious by his questions though he should get someone in to sort it out.
bloody bloody bloody....... are you related to alan sugar? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If you branch off the primary pipes, for the radiators, you could fit an MV

Thats what I meant earlier you cantankerous oul git. Ok so I didn't explain it that well. Its obvious by his questions though he should get someone in to sort it out.
bloody bloody bloody....... are you related to alan sugar? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

At the end of the day he pointed out something that enabled me to do the job, so for that and all the other constructive correct advice I am grateful.
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back