PIR for shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there specificate type of PIR that will be reliable for a smallish shed/workshop,I have contacts on the doors but wondered If I should have PIR as well in case the window is broken and gain access even though its quite small.I don't want false alarms due to heat ect.Are the microwave PIR's suitable Thanks

Sponsored Links
How dusty is the shed?

I would be tempted with a shock sensor on the window, this will alarm as they try to break in and pirs may be an issue for things passing the shed in the night especially if facing the window.

Its not very dusty but the sun tends to heat it up and when I tried a normal PIR it triggered the pir after a few days so disabled it.Will a shock sensor deal with 3 panes of glass next to each other aprox 45cms square

you can adjust the sensitivity, shouldn't be a problem, you probably find that the window vibrates easily so may have to turn the sensitivity down rather than up.

Sponsored Links
Use a dualtec in a shed. It doesn't have to be a pet friendly one. Try and keep it free of spiders - I use "No More Spiders" spray around the detectors and have found it to be very effective.

Dual Tec is the best choice for a detector without out a doubt for your scenario, but a shock senors would cover your windows and is less susceptible to spiders triggering.

Positioning your detector is critical to get the best out of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back