planning conditions imposed unfair HELP!!!!

Be careful. The condition sounds unreasonable but it depends on the precise reasons why the Committee wants to impose it.

Their parking and servicing concerns seem weak as does their worry about impact on adjacent properties and the area in general BUT - the way how the retail use is separated internally from the attached residential use at no.77 might give legitimate reason for concern. Imagine if you lived over/next door to a shop which was rented out to someone you don't know with rights to walk through part of your house?

Once permission is granted the Council can't control who uses the shop and who occupies the residential part of the property - unless they impose a condition like this. However, it doesn't sound like they have this worry from what you say and if the internal and access arrangements have been worked out properly in your design then there should be no need for the condition on this ground either.

andyplan

Sponsored Links
hi
thanks for your reply,the planning officer said the reason the committee wanted the conditions is because they didn't want someone else renting and then turning it into something like Greggs the baker with lots of customers, to which i replied is ridiculous as wedding gifts can be absolutely anything,and he agreed and suggested it went back to the committee,
went to the local parish meeting last night and it was full of old Councillors who i think are just there for something to do total waste of time

Doesn't sound like they are worried about the point I made and I suppose that only becomes a real issue if you have to go to appeal (because the Inspector might pick it up).

If officers are fighting your corner then it might get through without the condition next time.

Good luck - be interested to hear how you get on.

andyplan

hi

went back to full committee and full planning with no conditions was approved,the idiot Councillor who objected in the firs place even voted for it (idiot)

thanks for all of your help :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back