Planning permission - False information from architect

Sponsored Links
Update:
Spoke to the council, plans were submitted by the close of play Monday and excepted. So the processed started then. Should hopefully get a letter through early next week which should detail who's been assigned to the case. When I get that I'll call them and see what, if any thing can be done.
I'll keep you posted.

Stress levels low, Que sera.

Should hopefully get a letter through early next week which should detail who's been assigned to the case. When I get that I'll call them and see what, if any thing can be done.
Even the old freddy charm wouldn't get anywhere that soon, it will sit in his in-tray for a good 4-5 weeks probably.

Sponsored Links
Second update in one day, aren't you guys lucky.
I got on the phone again to the council (yes, I am very impatient), managed to speak to the individual who has been assigned to the case.
Very nice lady, she was very helpful and reassuring that despite common belief they do actually try to grant the majority of application and allow people to build.
Understandably she couldn't tell me that it was going to get permission, but she said it was one of the less complicated application.
There would probably be some conditions like matching the brick work etc and in two weeks she would have to do a site visit.
She also mentioned that unfortunately the council are snowed under with applications so it won't happen much before 8 weeks :(

Fingers crossed I won't have any complaints about the application, just have to sit and wait now. 8 weeks is a long time away.

Having mixed feelings about the architect and what to do with him.

It's a 40cm extension. I can't imagine anyone's going to be too fussed about that.

Sorry, this made me chuckle.
It would be a super harsh world we live in if we need planning permission to build a step, waiting 8 weeks, then have it rejected because it would effect the neighbors too much.

LOL :D

8 weeks is normal.
I have it on good authority that one of my local authorities are instructed not to send out decisions early, so they put them on a filing cabinet until the last day. The only time I've ever had one early is once at Christmas - and that was only because if would have run into the break and been technically late.

It is. The first 6m is (in effect) PD (although strictly speaking under prior notification), so the council *should* only be concerned with the final 40cm.

It is. The first 6m is (in effect) PD (although strictly speaking under prior notification), so the council *should* only be concerned with the final 40cm.
Except the 6m prior notification rule cannot be applied retrospectively. So even if it was within 6m it would still be a planning application and the whole 6m would be under consideration.

Not really an update, one thing we have noticed is an influx of junk mail from builders offering their services.

I'm assuming this can't be stopped because my details are public knowledge?

Bloody annoying though!

Kind regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back