Planning Permission Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My wife and I recently submitted outline planning permission for a new build on my father in laws land. They have come back with two issues. The first being that from aerial photography they have decided too much shade will be cast on the land. There is not that much shade cast but we can solve this problem but having them cut down. The second issue they had however was a listed building problem. Behind the plot of land (separated by large trees and bushes) is a listed building. The council have stated we are not allowed to build so close to this. That building however has had an extension built in 2005 much closer to the listed building than ours would be. Are the council just trying to put us off as that is the impression I am getting. The house we propose to build is situated next to a house on the land, the exact same distance away from the listed building.

Ross

Sponsored Links
Applications should be assessed against planning policies, not Google maps.

As this is an outline application, then you should only be applying for the principle of building, not the detail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back