Plans etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Just wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to get old plans for buildings from anywhere?
Not too old about 20 years or so.
Cheers for any help

Sponsored Links
20 years, your local authority may have them in their archives somewhere, they may charge you for finding them and charge again to copy them if they can find them that it. Assuming its your house that is. Unless you know the architects who did them you're scuppered. Why do you want them? Planning on getting some work done so need some plans drawn up? Frankly when people give me some crappy 20 year old plans and say there you go I ain't paying for a survey it almost takes as long to Cad them up anyway.

Thanks for the answer
I need infomation about the ground floor construction i.e. suspended or bearing and also foundation widths?

Best get your a shovel out then as that's the only evidence BC will accept. They're very unlikely to accept drawings as evidence.

Do you have air bricks? What is immediately under the carpet? Timber or screed?

Sponsored Links
hi ta for the answer it is required to see if it is viable to have a loft conversion i.e. the extra loading can be taken. There are air bricks not sure about the make up of the floor yet cheers. is there a way of telling whether its ground bearing or not if its conc.?

You don't need to exposed foundations for loft conversions.

What is there will do

What are big spans?

A loft conversion puts little extra load on foundations

Its because the span of the roof in the short direction needs 7m steels spanning in the same direction of the trusses?

So what? There is only a small load from these steels and this spreads out as it is transferred downwards.

What are the specific reasons for BC to required the foundations to be exposed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back