Plastering a wall, Any Guide out there on how to do it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have about 80m2 of plasterboard that I want to try and plaster myself, have never done this before and heard it's not as easy and takes some skill.. sooo I want to try to learn it. What's the worst that can happen? :D
I have finished countless of plasterboard walls abroad by just taping up joints/filling joints and screw heads with a product that is similar to your -gyproc easy fill and than just sanding it, that's how the rest of the europe do their walls. But I can see some advantages by putting on that red stuff so I want to try and learn to use it.

I checked there are countless of videos on YT on how to do it, but each is a bit different.
Wanted to ask if someone has learned this stuff himself maybe someone could point me in a right direction to some online article/video which would be the best to follow?
Also I see I will need a larger trowel/spatula or whatever that thing is called, can anyone suggest me a good one to buy?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Also if you got any crucial tips that someone should know before doing it that, would be great if could share them :)
also about how long time do your reckon it would take someone to do 80m2 of just almost straight walls?
and after finishing it can you sand that stuff a bit to remove any imperfections? I tried to sand that stuff once and it was tough as a nails and didn't really liked that it's being sanded..

Also.. I'm pretty sure I will probably mess up my first wall, how long time does it takes to dry before you can start over and re-do it just in case? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back