Plastering job quote - is it reasonable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if I am allowed to ask advice on a quote given to me!

I have asked a plasterer for a quote on making good the damage made when my old central heating system was recently removed. Nothing drastic just filling in holes and scars. The other part of the job is to fill in and plaster an entire door frame that was removed to allow the removal of the boiler etc (completely unnecessary!). The original door frame is unusable but I have decided that just plastering around the door surround and using it as a walk in entrance to the cupboard would look much better.

I have been quoted £480 for the job. Could anyone tell me if they think that is reasonable or not?

Much obliged

Sponsored Links
Best thing to do is get some more quotes and compare them.

At the end of the day, is down to whether YOU think it's reasonable.

as most people will tell you, without actually seeing it........

Sponsored Links
Rather depends on how long it will take; a decent spread will cost anything between £160 - £220 a day depending on where it is & how much he wants the job but the work you describe probably doesn’t warrant a plasterer & could probably be done by any competent handyman or decorator.

Difficult to say without seeing the amount of work involved but nearly 500 quid for filling a few holes & re-finishing a door reveal sounds a bit heavy to me. It may be the guy doesn’t really want the job so some additional quotes may be in order.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back