Plastering Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just signed up for this forum to receive some feedback to a quote I received from a builder:

I need to plaster 2 mid-sized rooms, about 4x4xx3 meters each and received the following quote:

Room 1:
- plaster ceiling with bonding coat/skim: 500£
- skim walls 750£

Room 2:
- ceiling 650£
- skim walls 900£

Prices are without VAT.

When I look online for price comparisons I see much cheaper quotes, but those are often from outside London.

Is this a rip off or an acceptable price?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Can't comment on London prices, but that still seems shockingly expensive. I've just had two rooms of similar size (bigger area lower ceilings)re-skimmed for £350 each. In Oxford

As above, that seems like the guy has got too much work on, and just chucked in a ridiculously high price.

That's £2800 in total, for 2 fairly standard size rooms. That would be around £600 a piece where I am (Kent), which would be £1200 in total. Let's be over generous and add on another £300 for London prices, and that brings it to £1500. That is still massively off the £2800 you were quoted.

My advice - definitely get some more quotes in. Report back here with your findings too.

Sponsored Links
I agree with the above posters, seems very expensive.

Could you confirm all surfaces are stable and it's a straight wet job.

Or might there be more work such as- board changing, damage repair from sparks & plumbers, damp, ageing etc. Or cornice, decorative plastering.

If rooms were clean and empty, ready for pva and straight in, £1500 would cover it. Central zone add £xyz,

Oop north it's £50 a wall and £100 per ceiling, roughly.

On a day rate of say £300 for 1 man then there's probably a weeks work.

The price is about a grand out.

Back