Plastic toilet float valves - drip from threaded nut!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just a quickie - why do plastic float valves (in toilet cistern's) always seem to drip where the arm part connects to the valve body, the part you unscrew when chaging the diaphragm or cleaning the valve seating?

I noticed mine was dripping this morning, even before I unscrewed it to clean it out. It still does it now after I have re-done it up. I haven't cross-threaded the joint either. Will this cause an overflow after several hours?? Or is this kind of normal with these plastic float valves?

Sponsored Links
a leak is not normal, and yes it will cause an overflow, probably overnight as the loo isnt used, you will need to seal it, it might be a poor thread so use some ptfe tape (i know it shouldn't be req'd before you all shout) but the OP says it is leaking and has been removed and refitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back