playstation in car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a playstation in our new car, so we decided to try it and put a film on, we can see the picture but it is all flickery, as though it needs tuning in, but as it's a playstation there are no controll's to tune in.

The only options are colour, contrast etc.

Any ideas.............

thanks

:confused:

Sponsored Links
If it's still under warrantee, take it back and let them sort it out.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
We have a playstation in our new car, so we decided to try it and put a film on, we can see the picture but it is all flickery, as though it needs tuning in, but as it's a playstation there are no controll's to tune in.

The only options are colour, contrast etc.

Any ideas.............

thanks

:confused:

Do you mean pixellated, or flickery. Can you take the PS out and connect it to another monitor.

we can see the picture perfectly its just jumpie....

we have tried the playstation in the car and used the one we have in the house and both the same ??? :confused:

Have you made sure the display device is set to the same format as the PS? I.e. PAL / NTSC

Just a thought.

we have tried the playstation in the car and used the one we have in the house and both the same ??? :confused:

Do you mean your house PS and your car PS both have the same problem?

In which case it's a problem with playstations?

Do you mean your house PS and your car PS both have the same problem?

In which case it's a problem with playstations?

What! So you connect a working PS (presumably) from the house into the car, and get a flickery picture, same as the PS in the car, and the conclusion is you have two dodgy PS's :eek:

No, I didn't get the impression the home ps was tried in the car.
If so, and same problem, then I reckon the monitors are NTSC.
If games work fine, then it's obviously not a dodgy connection!

No, I didn't get the impression the home ps was tried in the car.
If so, and same problem, then I reckon the monitors are NTSC.
If games work fine, then it's obviously not a dodgy connection!

depends if they are connected via an HDMI cable. I'd stl go for dodgy connection. or perhaps interference.

PS what?
2, 3?

if it's a 2, then I recall having to put some DVD software on it to play movies properly.. came with the remote for it..

Sponsored Links
Back