Pleasant Buzzer/Sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In restaurants there is usually a press button for the chef to press when food is ready "to go", this button sounding a buzzer for waiting/bar staff to hear.

It is usually a nice sounding simple tone, nothing brash, harsh, ringy or intense.

I have canabalised some intercoms in the past (they usually have a pleasant "ring" when called). This has served well for many years in a couple restaurants I look after, but I am now looking to do another, and trying to find a simple solution with off the shelf parts.

Standard buzzers and sounders from the likes of Farnell and RS are usually too harsh for this type of thing.

Anyone know of any decent sounders? The pleasant sounding ones usually incorporate a speaker rather than a piezo buzzery type thing. Trial and error is a PITA.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Make something which plays a recording of Gordon Ramsay yelling "Service!"

Sponsored Links
what about a relay wired with the coil in series with the COM and NC contacts? I.e as the coil pulls the armature in, the circuit is broken, so the coil releases, which reconnects the circuit etc…. That gives a nice buzzing sound, and depending on the relay size and type, can give different tones. From experience, the octal based ones do give off quite a nice buzz when wired like this

The seatbelt alarm in a 2002 Volvo s60 is a nice bong bong bong..

The seatbelt alarm in a 2002 Volvo s60 is a nice bong bong bong..
That's a pleasant surprise.

Most I have heard annoy the tits off you to get you to put your belt on ASAP!

Indeed, by contrast the 2010 Volvo s40 starts off with a nice bong bong, then a more irritating bong bong that it's hard to drown out wih the stereo, and finally it resorts to playing a mono tonal beep through the stereo (at whatever cranked volume was drowning out the previous bong) and doesn't let up until you buckle up. Good stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back