Please help, I don't like the new toilet I have been given.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
note toilet cistern doesn't go back to the wall, so a wooden box has been created. also note the connector bit at bottom seems to be straining...is there a solution please?
The plumber has told me that there is nothing that can be done :(
2015-08-30-09-41-01.95987

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
:eek: That's awful. Really, truly awful. Sack your plumber, and find someone who will do it properly. Looks fairly simple to get that back to the wall to me

A pan connector into a pan connector and a flexible connector from the original cistern feed - get it taken out and done properly!

The swan neck connector will help but will not get it back to the wall. You would still have a small gap.

£350 for gerberit frame and toilet plus labour to install or £10 swan connector and about an 2 hours labour (that includes a tea break) and at most a 1" gap at the back of the cistern. hmmmm let me think :whistle:

How come you got a kiss ? you want to spend all her money and you got a kiss, life can be very unfair.:D

Or you could get an "S" trap WC with a vertical/bottom outlet. They are not often seen these days, but it looks like your bathroom was designed for one. Twyfords make one in their "Refresh" range that is close-coupled, but most cheaper ones are low-level which looks less modern. I will guess it is a concrete floor, is that right?

If you are in rented accommodation a lot will depend on how good your landlord is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back