Please Help want to connect 1.8Kw Electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this is a repeat, believe me I tried searching every corner but couldn't find relevant solution. I am new to this forum and thank everyone in advance.

I have moved to this new home and bought all new appliances and now in some debt. Have fixed everything by self and have good diy skills.

I have a cooker switch in my kitchen and this has a dedicated MCB in the consumer unit with 32a fuse this line is also RCD enabled. The cooker switch is located just over the worktop on the left side with safe clearance, then a cable is run from the switch to underneath the Gas hob and behind the oven place to a terminal, this is supposed to be a connection for Electric oven and hob.

My request to you guys is I need to use this only to connect my Gas hob ignition & a Ikea 1.8kw rated basic electric oven. What is the best thing to do.

Is it advisable to spur from the terminal behind the oven to a FCU unit 13a and hardwire to oven then spread this connection the another FCU unit with 5a to have a plug in connection for Hob ignition.

PLEASE HELP WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL, any mis spelling please pardon

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Use a standard double socket of good quality (Crabtree/MK) etc, and the appropriate fuses in the plugtops will protect your appliances accordingly.

Thank you all so much for taking your precious time and helping me out you all have really helped me a lot. Tomorrow I am going to electrical shop will buy all that is needed and finish the job.

Finally after 3 week of moving house I will have a pizza treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back