PLEASE HELP WITH BAXI BERMUDA INSET 2 50/4 not firing up!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.

Please can some one give me some advice as where to start looking of the efault with my boiler.

I have a Baxi bermuda inset 50/4. I removed the programmer from the wall in the kitchen to do some tiling and when i replaced it i touched the wire to the wrong terminal (electricity on - I know that was just stupid!!!). It popped and blow the fuse in the spur. I have replaced the fuse (3Amp) and now have power again to the porgrammer but the boiler will not fire up. The pilot light is on and the termostat will 'click' when moved past the temp so it appears to work. I have tried a new programmer but with the same result.

Anyonew got any ideas as where to strat looking for the fault?

Many thanks for all advice!!!!!

Rob

Sponsored Links
Hi dave. No ive only got the one fused spur nest to the fire unless there is one behind the fire in the fireplace (which i doubt - but not 100% sure)
Rob

Have you got a green light showing on the pcb? If not the 2 amp fuse on the pcb may have blown.

(I think these have a pcb at the front of the boiler :confused: )

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Dave!

That was my next port of call when i get home.......any ideas if it is not blown? Ive heard that the solenoid or gas valve could cause this problem but dont really see how a power surge that blew the fuse could knacker the solenoid or gas valve.....but im no gas engineer

Rob

Unfortunately, with the risk of sounding boring and pedantic, any further investigation should be carried out by a recommended RGI. ;)

In fact replacing the fuse on the pcb should be as well, due to the fire front having to be removed and a gas connection disturbed.

That said and back to being practicle, I would need to be in front of the boiler to carry out further tests, but it certainly sounds electrical from this distance.

can anyone tell me what fuse rating is in the PCB (2amp, 3amp). I know it will prob be on the fuse but wanted to pick one up on my way home.

Thanks
Rob

Usually, but not always, they will be a small glass type fast blow 2 amp fuse.

They are probably not available at general stores. If you have a boiler parts stockist or a parts center nearby I would try them. They will also point you to the correct fuse.

I have checked the wiring and it has power at all terminals (HW and CH). The programmer is obviously sending a signal but nothingelse is happening.

I checked the room thermostat and all the wires appear to be dead...no power at thermostat. How can this be if the programmer has power and is sending it but nothing is showing at the thermostat.

Also 50/4 does not have a PCB...found this out by taking the thing apart...not finding oe so i phoned Baxi and they told me that only the 50/4E has a PCB.....should hav done that first!!!

Any ideas why do power at room thermostat?

ive checked the wiring at the programmer and all is fine.......it has power and is sending a signal out....no power at thermostat though....how can this be?

if you are not getting power at the rs then quite clearly it is not sending power out

get it checked by some1 who knows what they are doing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back