Please look if you are a professional plumber

Sponsored Links
Contact your local trading standards. CORGI are toothless when it comes to anything other than dealing with unregistered traders. Wrong given they should be protecting the public from all dangerous installations.

Trading standards have the power to strip traders of their right to operate and can imprison then for infringing a court order.

Look at your contract and consider the small claims court. Don't pay the last instalment.

My rule of thumb is "would I do it like that in my own house". In your case it is a definite NO!!!

A complete bodged job that the installer should be ashamed of: It looks carp and is Dangerous... what I would call an RAF job....

Rough As F***.

Sponsored Links
Think Isiah put those pipes in...one eye's 'igher than the other :LOL:

Terrible job all round, and as has been mentioned already I suspect that the notching of the joists in the loft has contravened building regs as well, they're going to need re-strengthening (technically they should be removed and replaced but that'll mean pulling your ceilings down...

Why is there so much visible pipework ? Do you have concrete floors downstairs, or was he just trying to save himself the job of taking any floorboards up ?!

I recommend you join the Which? legal service (google it, it costs about 30 quid a year) I've found it very helpful in the past, as it gives you unlimited access to their lawyers over the phone and they have plenty of experience with this sort of thing and will be able to advise you as to the most effective course of action.

Good luck

Corgi cannot do anything about the abortion of what resembles pipework. Ás it has notthing to do with gas safety
You will have to take legal advice on that

But the flue as has been mentioned is another kettle of fish some manufacturers allow a standard flue to exit in this way others stipulate a proper roof terminal. but even if it is allowed it has to meet a minimum dimension of 300mm from the terminal to the nearest point of the roof directly below it. Which yours clearly doesnt so this is corgi terrirtory so give them a call asap as it could cause problems

how many quotes did you get?
how many people said "these guys are good"
did you go for cheapest?

the installers were obviously there for a few days, and you had time to look at their work while they were not there? if so, why'd you not comment then?

were the installers a bodger looking set?

its a poor install to say the least, but if you didn't do your homework before hand, there is little point screaming once the horse is bolted.

woooooooh! WTF? looks like some one has nicked the bits from somewhere and made up a system from them all? why are all the rad different types and also old rusty ones fitted?

Why did you pay 4k
did they hold you at gunpoint?

this is unbelievable definitly not corgi reg. incompitant work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back