Plumbers What is this???? Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After moving house we found that the water pressure in the en suite on the cold taps was really bad hardly no pressure all the other cold taps in the house are fine we recently took the downstairs ceiling down to find this on the cold water pipe feeding the bath and sink

plumb002.jpg

can you please tell me what this is and do we need it the cold water pressure is terrible

cheers brett[/url]

Sponsored Links
pressure reducing valve and its probably blocked up.

hi cheers

why do we need it on the pipework ? we havent got one any where else in the house

can we remove it?

brett

Sponsored Links
The bit poking through the floor probably has a big screw-head inside it that can be turned to increase/decrease the pressure.

Oddly enough I was asking about one only yesterday.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63465&highlight=caleffi
My one was fitted to balance the hot and the cold pressure to a mixer shower, but seems to have siezed through lack of use.

If you want to take yours apart and tinker with it, let me know if you have any success!

This picture is of a caleffi one that Softus provided in his link
http://www.speedplumb.co.uk/images/mini-IMGP9999.jpg

You may want to contact the previous owners and ask them to tell you of any other horrors they've installed. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back