Plumbing Dishwasher With Existing Washing Machine Questions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to buy a slot in dishwasher and would like to make the plumbing as easy as possible. I was planning on replacing the existing cold tap for the washing machine with a with a twin outlet tap to feed both the appliances. The only problem with this I would have limited space because of the shelf under the sink to connect the bottom hose to the lower connection. To solve this problem I was wondering are washer/dishwasher fill hoses available with twin 90 degree ends? I can only seem to find hoses with 1 right angle connector (for the appliance end) and one straight.

My other question is regarding the waste. I know it would be better to fit a new waste stand pipe for the dishwasher but it would be hassle as the walls of the house are pretty thick. Currently the dishwasher is connected to a single spigot waste trap under the sink. I was wondering are these available with 2 spigot connectors. Obviously I would be better off just running one appliance at a time, but I can live with that. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
You can get double wastes. You can also get Y adaptors to fit two washing machine inlet hoses to one tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back