Plumbing Grrr!!

Painting is calming and very therapeutic.

Had a bad day at work, do some painting.
Feeling you are not appreciated, do some painting.
Depressed, do some painting.

Painting is the answer.

I can see that getting the easel out and producing a nice landscape painting would lower the blood pressure.

Doing the skirtings and door frame in the box room has the opposite affect. ;)

I HATE landscapes.

Sponsored Links
:LOL: no nothing as involved as soldering! no things like sink wastes, cistern couplings, and plastic screw couplings with washers... always takes about 4 attempts to get them watertight. When the instructions read hand tighten only should read for a weeping joint hand tighten only..... arrrgh!

Plumbing my bugbear too.

I tried to put a screw-on-fit-it-yourself-go-on-it's-easy-no-need-to-turn-off-the-mains-a-blind-dog-could-do-it-what-are-you-scared-of-man-for-****s-sake-get-on-with-it-or-we-we-will-be-here-till-next-week type fitting on the cold pipe to fit the dishwasher hose to.

It peed all over the place. Major panic!!

Can you imagine a hard-wired "no-need-to-turn-off-the-mains-fit-a-socket-kit"? :eek:

Sponsored Links
As a yorkshireman I expect cricket is more your cup of tea.
Now if you're looking for comparisons between watching sport and watching paint dry, look no further.

Well, yes it is, although I take your point: matches that last all day and often extend over several days, to say nothing of the distinct possibility of being rained off, must require a certain amount of enthusiasm from their followers.

To be honest, I only watch the Channel 5 highlights. The distinct advantage being that only the most interesting bits are shown. Another important thing about watching it on TV is that you get a far superior view of what is happening, views from vantage points that it would be impossible to obtain by attending matches in person. And if it rains, you don't get wet!

In the interest of completeness, I should just point out that Yorkshire won the county championship this year. :D

Yeah, that's fine and I have seen it done countless times over the last 3 decades.

But it's not been Joe Public wielding the tools!!

Bricklaying! After you have laid a few thousand and the one that you're about to lay is the same as the one you have just laid and the next one you pickup will be the same again it becomes a tad monotonous, it does help if you are brain dead!!

My neighbour, a retired plumber, taught me to make soldered joints and stuff and I've done two bathrooms and the downstairs bog. I really enjoy plumbing; luckily as an amateur I have the time to set it all up nice and tidy and even start again if I'm not happy with something. I have rebuilt my solar tube setup a couple of times to get it performing more efficiently. The benefit is that if we do get a problem, we don't need to call out some bloke with a fat bum to fix it.

My neighbour, a retired plumber, taught me to make soldered joints and stuff and I've done two bathrooms and the downstairs bog. I really enjoy plumbing; luckily as an amateur I have the time to set it all up nice and tidy and even start again if I'm not happy with something. I have rebuilt my solar tube setup a couple of times to get it performing more efficiently. The benefit is that if we do get a problem, we don't need to call out some bloke with a fat bum to fix it.

I'm too busy anyway. :LOL:

Bit of and old thread of mine, but I went to fix an overflowing push button bog today (I know, something any decent plumber could probably do with their eyes closed) and shock, horror, I fixed it and there are no leaks!! So now I am waiting for the house to fall down / spring a gargantuan leak overnight :D

Bit of and old thread of mine, but I went to fix an overflowing push button bog today (I know, something any decent plumber could probably do with their eyes closed) and shock, horror, I fixed it and there are no leaks!! So now I am waiting for the house to fall down / spring a gargantuan leak overnight :D

Best sleep with your eyes and ears open for a week or 2 :)

A tip for the future and for anyone else reading: there is only one thing you have to do if you get a leak.

To cure a leak is really easy and this is what plumbers do not want you to know and why they charge so much.
This works for any leak, no matter how small or how big, or where it is.

All you have to do, and it is the only thing you have to do, is stop the water coming out.

Sponsored Links
Back