Plumbing new toilet in to cast iron pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice on here, im now ready to fit a new toilet in my bathroom.

the New toilet has what looks to be a standard waste connection.

What i need is a connector of sorts that fits into the cast iron which i will be cutting to length near the wall, then have a run of plastic around 25cm, which then the connects to the toilet. I know i could use a standard flexible connector for this which the videos on youtube all seem to recommend. however, id like to connect the waste for the basin in between the toilet and cast iron pipe if possible so i can connect my sink to the same waste.

the toilet waste is likley to be between 2 and 4cm higher than the opening to the old cast iron soil pipe. so i need to be able to accommodate that into the design.

what would you recommend for the job?

heres the back of the toilet and below the current toilet so its clear what im working with

IMG_20160125_224335766.jpg

IMG_20160125_193701540.jpg

Sponsored Links
What diameter is the cast waste pipe greater than 90mm less than 115mm? I'd be cutting that back and then fit (if avoiding flexi pipes)

one of these
WC-CON1V_5.jpg
into one of these
WC-EXTC_5.jpg
then into the cast pipe

You then have the inlet for your basin waste.

Or just one of these ...
mcalpine-wc-f23sv-90-114mm-inlet-3-1-4-universal-vent-boss-85206-p[ekm]140x140[ekm].jpg

N.B.: Fit an antivac trap on the basin.

hi madrab im not 100% sure what size it is, ill go measure up in a moment. that looks like the perfect solution, do you know where i can order the first one? and / or what its called, it would be handy if i can get it from tool station or screwfix or the like as i dont know any "proper" plumbing places around me.

thanks

Not sure if TS or SF wold have them in but I'm sure they could order - Ask for a McAlpine Pan Connector - WC-CON1V, that's a 110mm outlet. Just go onto Mcalpine's website if you want the code for the flexi which gives the option to go down to a 90mm outlet to fit the cast iron depending on the diameter

Sponsored Links
all fitted although this doesnt show the sink connection in place, but thats in now too. cheers for your help

Attachments

• IMG_20160128_153312927.jpg
    IMG_20160128_153312927.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 436

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back