Pointing on a new patio....

lol, block paving dont move up and down. if it goes down it stays down,it ceertainly dont come back up in any way. you clearly dont understand the qualities of compressed sand.

There are few constructed surfaces that do not 'spring' or 'trampoline'.

Engineering bods take this into account when designing and building roads and paved surfaces.

They go down and they come back up again.

FACT.

You seem like a bright fellow ashymo', why so argumentative?

Sponsored Links
cos i know im right.

Next time you see a very heavy lorry back onto a drive or side road, watch the road surface.

Carefully.

indeed

a road i put in in Ramsey Cambs had a huge amount of construction.

but the ground beneath the road is all fen peat so it is always on the move.

however i dont think you want to be backing to many heavy lorries on to domestic drives as that would be asking to much of 150-200 mm hardcore.

i think ashymoko is talking about subsidence or sinkage due to bad construction so id assume he would know a lot about this particular problem lol.

Sponsored Links
i dont think i need to say anymore on this subject! ;)

Lonner wrote,

i think ashymoko is talking about subsidence or sinkage due to bad construction, so i'd assume he would know a lot about this particular problem.lol

:LOL: :LOL: ;)

Must be hard work having two accounts......

None of you have a clue what your talkin about.

The paving will only become flexible if the subbase or ground below moves or gives. Which unless your on clay or bad ground wont happen.

When the sands compacted it reaches its maximum density and thats that.

Must be hard work having two accounts......

None of you have a clue what your talkin about.

The paving will only become flexible if the subbase or ground below moves or gives. Which unless your on clay or bad ground wont happen.

When the sands compacted it reaches its maximum density and thats that.

im new and one acc.

found this for you ashymoko:idea:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mer-500ml-car...t_530wt_973[color=red][/color][size=6][/size]

might be a little subtle for you but i can provide drawings if needed :LOL:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Not been on here in quite a while but have certainly enjoyed reading this.
I dont really like to critisise peoples ways of working but I think laying stone on a screeded bed is asking for trouble, my paving always goes down on at least 4" of 50mm dolo compacted with a plate and then laid on a full bed of wet building sand and cement. That way when I leave that night I know im not going to have any loose the next day before grout goes in.
The only time I ever lay on a screeded bed is if im on sitework laying something at least 60mm thick.

Our pointing is always done with a semi dry grout with enough water in it to see the water come through when its compacted and striked this way I know I dont mark my stone and I know I wont get any problems.
If im using something like polished stone or a nice indian stone I tend to use geofix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back