Polycarbonate Lean-to roof..

Self support is dead easy once u get the stuff and it's delivered I can explain how it works if it helps and if i can find the time

Sponsored Links
It does seem as though it'd be quicker / simpler to do but just trying to get my head round it

Below is the example of the self support I referred to earlier and it looks very nice and simple

93318-4ab2d44c7f0a3eff4a90265a917b48fe.jpg

I was hoping to get the posts & wall plates up and I guess I'll have a better idea then

Thanks for the help so far too MW, would love to get your assistance & advice on this

Attachments

• Lean-To.JPG
    Lean-To.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 150
No that's a cantilever self support thing, completely different. Where that is a self supporting canopy roof when you are talking about polycarbonate bars a normal bar is a snap fix bar that it's weight and the weight above it is supported by the timber joist underneath.
A self support bar is a bar that doesn't need a timber joist underneath and it supports itself but it still needs to be held up at each end! So hence the need for the back wall plate and the front wall plate

Sponsored Links
Ah I see ok, well I need to get the wall plate up regardless of which option I decide on

With the 4x2 sandwiched together, would I then screw these on the top of the posts in one length all along or do sections between each post?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back