Polycarbonate roof filling with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bottom edge of one panel on my conservatory roof started to discolour and some of the tubes were filling with water.i removed full length right angle panel above gutter,and closing plastic fitted to the problem area ,this revealed the breather tape which had obviously become slimy and discoloured,wiped it clean and cleared flooded matrix tube.Put it back temporarily until i purchase some new breather tape.
In the meantime the matrix seems to be filling with water even more,can't see any other place causing water ingress,could i have made condensation worse and will the problem be cured once i replace the tape

Sponsored Links
Get a hairdryer on it for 10 mins. Once you've fitted the breather tape it'll dry out. (assuming no leaks from flashing above) Make sure u get the right size tape for the thickness of poly google Nick Gray Lichfield, they sell very good quality tapes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back