Polycarbonate roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All

I have a 'lean to' running the side of my hosue which consists of wall to approx 4ft them glass to approx 8ft. Laying on this from the wall is reinforced glass panels. It runs from fron to back of house approx 22ft

The wall and frame holding the glass has failed and also one of the roof glass sheets

My plan is to remove the wall/glass and the glass roo in its entirety but retain the wall at both ends of the structure (its fully enclosed with double glazed doors either end.

My aim is to replace the side with a double skin OSB and treated timber frame work (no need to be able to see out as it looks at next doors garage approx 6 inches away!) full height bolting sections together and fixing to the base with relevant fixing. I will insulate the gap of 2" between the OSB uprights. So I now have 3 sides.

After all that, my real question is can anyone reccomend a reasonable easy but durable double/triple glazed plastic roofing system. One or two of the panels will need to be cut to go around my chimney that runs on the outside of my house and within this lean to.

I dont have an attic and in effect this is my attic so it doesnt have to be warm, but does need to be watertight.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Note I do have a wealth of 'good DIY experience' in a lot of aspects but sadly very little in roofing

Sponsored Links
Lean to poly roofs are fairly easy to do, you can buy ali glazing bars that will support the roof outright and you may be able to use the flashing that you already have. I would not recommend 10mm as its a bit flimsy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back