Pop-up waste poor fit into bidet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ever had a pop-up waste that that fails to sit square in an appliance? :oops:

I am going out of my mind trying to get this item fitted to a bidet. First of all when fitting the top half of the waste (with washer for flange) and then attaching lower half of the waste body upon tightening as far as possible there is gap of at least 2mm. Tried packing this out with a basin back-nut. Trouble is that this then takes up too much space leaving insufficient thread to tighten the waste. What also was noticeable was that the connection was tight at the front of the waste but still retaining a gap at the back Concluded that there was a fault with the appliance so called manufacturers who suggested sending a replacement. Result: replacement exactly the same. I have now packed out this space with three large rubber washers but it is still not possible to get the same level of tightness all around the waste. Would I be able to apply silicone to the existing set-up and achieve a water-tight connection.

Any advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Ever had a pop-up waste that that fails to sit square in an appliance?
Only on cheap crap foreign bathroom suites.

Its a bit hard to answer one like this because I cant see exactly what the problem is. I assume that it is a bad casting of the bidet which is common in imported trash

Hemp grommet+ silicone will get over the undulations .........under the backnut outside ;)

I think it was purchased from The Bath Store and I gues it is of British manufacture.

I will give it a go with hemp and silicone.

Thanks for the advice, guys. ;)

Sponsored Links
Take it back to bath store with the waste fitting, they will see that it is the casting of the bidet that is at fault. I'm sure they will change it.

Do people actually use bidets after having them installed?

I'm a die hard andrex fan mi self :LOL:

Always found them handy on holiday for throwing up into while sitting on the pan suffering with the diddly di doo`s.. :confused: :confused:

scatmanjohn said:
Do people actually use bidets after having them installed?

I remember one day at college just after I started my apprenticeship. The lecturer was a rugby player and not to be messed with. He asked the class "Does anyone know what a bidet is" I stuck my hand up and said "Yes, its two days before D Day" I ducked quickly as a piece of chalk came whizzing past my ear :LOL: :LOL:

I'm a die hard andrex fan mi self :LOL:

Get one of these
And save some trees.

Although it could increase sperm production in men it's not generally recommended for front bits as it freezes them off !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back