Porch Help - what type of post / wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi

My porch newels have gone a little rotten and I'm looking to replace them, (see pic)
If I'm to buy an interior stair newel then they are about £100 a piece and pretty rare to find one that's 1500mm, if there any reason why I couldn't use a decking newel as these are only about £20 - 25 and I could do all posts, spindles and railing for about £150. I was looking to paint it all white again.

Thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks Darren

Sponsored Links
I dont know where you would source the cheapest newels, spindles & rails but ...

Given what can be seen on the pic its probable that all the wood work including the fascia's needs replacing. The porch roof would have to be propped during the work.

The mean and damaged knee walls should also be replaced with something more suitable. Visit and pic neighbour's arrangements.

How come there's no gutter or downspout to the porch roof?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back