Porta loos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what you call those portable tall blue loos that builders hire and use. But is it fair to assume that if a client requests that a builder uses one of these rather than the toilets inside the house, that this is paid for by the householder or does the builder cover this charge. How much does this generally cost to rent per week, month etc?

Sponsored Links
Surely part of the terms of contract with the builder and built into his quotation

"Main contractor to provide own toilet facilities on site and to maintain same in clean and hygienic state for the duration of the works. Facilities to be made available to all sub-contractors"

Which in essence means that the client is paying for it.

What is the cost for hiring something like this?

Sponsored Links
Dig a hole in the corner of the garden and stand up a few sheets of plywood and leave a bucket of sand.
Job done.
A low carbon, cheap, efficient solution.

All inclusive in the contractors quote.....about £30 a week is typical, and about the same for the weekly service. Bloomin' good value!
John :)

there still just phiss on your roses whether theres a loo on site or not :LOL:

Is it? Have you seen the state some workmen leave a client's toilet everyday for 6 months?

I suspect the like of architect types including thr helpful ones on this forum know how to lift seats up and aim in the right direction, shame workmen never acquired that skill at technical college. Don't even get me started on the use of toilet brushes.

Portaloos.....all the way.

Site WC is the right way to go but to get the best out of the "workmen" I'd suggest you have a bit of an attitude change!

Understood.

It's worth putting a microphone in the toilet - some architects are able to talk through their backsides!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back