Position of combi boiler to comply with building regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We live in a flat on the first floor with a boiler in our bathroom next to the window (on an external wall). We are building a cupboard which will have the washing machine at height level (stop us having to kneel down to access it). This requires moving the combi-boiler (and in the process, getting a new one) slightly higher than it is at the moment so the washing machine can fit underneath. I have attached a photo of our plans.

The height of the ceiling is 272cm and we want to place the boiler above 190cm from floor level. I was wondering if this is achievable, what is the maximum height that a boiler can be installed at to make sure it can be serviceable?

Sponsored Links
Most boilers require 200 mm above and below for access and servicing.

You can reduce the above by selecting one of two makes with a rear flue outlet although are not the most popular makes.

It will be a pain to service or repair but it is possible. You would be expected to have an adequate ladder or platform available.

To install the boiler the floor for the WMC will probably suffice.

Of course the flue outlet position outside needs to be suitable.

As always your proposed installer should be advising you.

Tony

Sponsored Links
GLOWWORM DO A REAR FLUE BOILER WITH ONLY 10MM EITHER SIDE REQUIREMENTS AND VIRTUALLY NO TOP RESTRICTIONS AS THE FLUE IS MID REAR OF THE BOILER

u really need to check yer facts prior to calling some one a plank

if u did , than u might not end up with statements that make u look / sound like a plank ????? may be ??

;) :)

All boilers require 50mm left and right side at least to service,

False

Get the cover off with less plank.

u really need to check yer facts prior to calling some one a plank

if u did , than u might not end up with statements that make u look / sound like a plank ????? may be ??

;) :)

I think that particular horse has bolted and is half way across the Solent by now :LOL:

I'm thinking one of the regular doughnuts has made a fresh profile ;).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back