Possible Planning Permission problem

I can't see where you say the house is a semi or terrace. Which is it?

Sponsored Links
I think Jeds means detached or attached.. There's no difference in permitted length between semis and terraces, but detached houses are allowed 4m extensions under NonNCS PD. Skimming the thread I didn't see anywhere the OP indicated the attached status of their house

If that extension would have satisfied the requirements to be PD,

I accept that a LDC would have to be issued if the extension was PD.

But it was not PD because (a) it goes out further than 3m, and (b) OP did not go through the notification procedure.

Assume he had done this, and a neighbour complained. The council would have to look at the proposal in terms of its amenity impact on the adjoining properties. If they believed it would be detrimental, they would write to the applicant advising that it was not PD.

(granted if their policy allowed 4m rear extensions, then they would grant a LDC, but that's a different matter).

I think Jeds means detached or attached.
No. The OP said the extension was 3m deep and that was a problem. This implies the house is either terraced or a semi. I'd just prefer to be certain of that before offering any advice. As you say, if house is in fact detached then 4m is fine and there is no problem.

Sponsored Links
Its 4m. The OP says it the first post and confirms it a few posts later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back