Possible to mount an LCD TV at 45 degrees to wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope this is the right forum... Currently my CRT is in the corner. If I got an LCD - soon I hope - say a Toshiba WLT68 32 inch, can you mount them on a (brick) wall and pull it forward one side so if in a corner it points into the middle of the room? Or do they always have to be perpendicular to the wall?

Cheers! :p

Sponsored Links
W/ Brackets are reffered to as VESA standard.

If you google VESA you get a host of Co's selling VESA 50 / 75 / 100 /200.

These numbers refer to different sizes. Best tilting VESA domestic item has a 17 degree angle pitch.

45 degrees is a pretty silly angle for a screen, for viewing and also for the weight / gravity pull.

I've found one that will do 45 deg but only up to 37"- Its £345 !!

http://www.theplasmacentre.com/prod...d&shopsessid=283038783ccfd780b6e0221a87469507

product__wall-mount-m6-full.jpg

E-Vision Spec M6 swing arm premium LCD Wall Mount Bracket.

This is part of our premium range of brackets and is a stunning stylish bracket that is as good to look at as it is to hold your TV on the wall!

Made from machined aluminium with cable management system

- holds up to max weight 25kg, 680mm reach

- twin left right pivot

- provides full movement - 180 degree left and right and 45 degree tilt

- horizontal "Adjust and Lock" mechanism

- comes with standard 100 and 200 VESA fitting plate

- on request - 200x100 VESA fixing plate

- or 120x180 JVC fixing plate

- or Standard H Frame

- or Panasonic H Frame

- or Bang & Olufsen adaptor fixing for Beovision 6 22in and 26in LCD

- adaptor plates available to suit all manufacturers of LCD TVs

- holds 26" to 37" LCD screens

- wall to back of screen 150mm when folded back

Sorry I meant tilting into the room not tilting downwards - does that change the ... pciture? :LOL:

Don't know if I'm reading it right, how about 2" angle iron chopped into the wall corner to corner then TV bracket onto that, won't be adjustable though.

Sponsored Links
Yes it does (where's the hammer hitting on head emoticons!).

You need a swinging bracket with arm, that will allow you to mount the bracket on either the back wall or the side alcove wall.

There's 100's of them and price varies wildly

masona said:
Don't know if I'm reading it right, how about 2" angle iron chopped into the wall corner to corner then TV bracket onto that, won't be adjustable though.

oo or a bit o 12 mil mdf :)

bt8003notv.jpg

AVR : bt8003 plasma wall mount
Superior TURN/TILT wall mount for LCD/Plasma screens 37-50” and up to 70kg. Ideal Corner Mount. Double Articulated Arm. Includes adaptor plate. Fixings included...

In stock
Next working day delivery available
Lifetime guarantee
Delivered Price: £163.27 (Inc VAT and Delivery)
Nett Price: £129.00 (Ex VAT and Delivery)

http://www.avrabbit.com/browse-plasma-wall-mounts-13.html

Hope that helps

search google for a company called skytronic, use their website to trace your nearest skytronic/skytec dealer. they have a wide range of brackets that will suit your needs, they are all rhos compliant and come upto various regs....and for what your after, if a skytec dealer charges you more than £80 he's having his way with you.

a competitive company, that dont charge the earth for things...

and no, i dont work for them, but ive delt with them for 10 yrs and more!

theyre based in manchester, have a look...you'll be supprised at what you find there!

If you dont fancy paying these daft prices for flimsy pieces of metal which require huge fixings, why not fashion something yourself out of sawn timber? A simple wooden frame, bolted to the wall at both sides, and a simple wall-mount bracket fixed through a piece of chipboard to face it. Not sure how you'd fix it to the wall at 45 degrees though.

I just dont trust those mounting arms, no matter how big the mounting bolts are. If I build it myself, I know its strong enough :LOL:

perfect!!! and they do 45 degree angles too! :D pity TLC charge extra for delivery though.

Out of interest, is this the stuff they hang air conditioners with? Im wondering how they'd cope with the twisting forces of being mounted on a wall for a TV in the manner i described above.

P100 Unistrut is unbelievably strong but I'm not sure if my wife would have as much affection for it in the Lounge as RF would :LOL:

We use the B-Tech brackets and IMO they are the Rolls Royce of brackets. B-Tech is trade only and by looking around the web there is a huge markup on their trade prices. :eek:

The BT8003 is too big for a 32inch. Try the BT7514 or the 7515 and most Tosh screens will also need the VESA 200x200 plate, BT7502

http://www.b-tech-int.com/Professional Welcome.htm

Crafty said:
perfect!!! and they do 45 degree angles too! :D pity TLC charge extra for delivery though.

Out of interest, is this the stuff they hang air conditioners with? Im wondering how they'd cope with the twisting forces of being mounted on a wall for a TV in the manner i described above.

Yep.

Air con units, and virtually anything else you could possibly think of in an industrial environment.

As Pensdown said, it is stupidly strong stuff and will easily take the weight of a huge TV. (Fixings permitting)

You may want a grinder to cut it with though. A hacksaw is hard work.

The delivery surcharge is understandable, as it is heavy stuff, but virtually all electrical wholesalers (and probably plumbers merchants too) will carry it as a stock item.

Its basically big boys meccano :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back