Potential first time buy, new conservatory gutter pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking at buying this property as my first house. Never done so before and a little worried about how the guttering has been put behind a new conservatory. Is this normal? I am just worried that if there were a blockage or work needing to be done to the conservatory, we would need to knock the wall down to get to the piping?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

DSCN1749_zpskyjnfqzr.jpg

DSCN1750_zpszeruigqm.jpg

Sponsored Links
They should have extended the drain forward to the front. I think your concerns are
justified. but it would be fairly easy to sort out any blockages. just not as easy.

Once you have had your house for 50 or more years, you will probably find that no drains have ever blocked, especially ones from a conservatory roof. And no work is needed on conservatory walls.

That downpipe is a bit odd, but not significant. Concentrate on other things.

Sponsored Links
Put in a leaf guard to make sure it doesn't get blocked, and then reckon to fit a soakaway if it does. The builders must have brought the pipework out to where the wall was going to end, then connected it afterwards. Cleverly done, but shoddy in it's own right.

If you have to do a pre purchase survey on the drains make sure they dye test the guttering and identify where it joins the drain.

They rarely come out straight forwards so it likely to be under the conservatory and if it did block there is no easy access to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back