Potterton Boiler Control 407676 resistor value.

Must be a different board. £30 for a resistor - can I sell you some?! :D
Good luck with the board. There are lots of bits which age on those. I've stopped using them, too many failures.

Sponsored Links
Chris - for a Potterton (Netaheat 16/22) boiler, which control board could you use instead of the 407676 then?

Hopefully the refurbished one (comes with a year's warranty which was another attraction) will give it all a bit more life but if something goes again is there a better make/model I could replace it with?

Chris is this the oldest thread in which you have kept up a coversation about the same thing? ;)

Oily - it's an old boiler, a bit like me really.

fr1day - I looked at R10 not R12 :rolleyes: sorry.....
But it still must be a different board cos that one's 21k.
Strange value, red brown orange black black (red)
I expect they went through a manufacturer/design change or two.
Cap relays diodes certainly do fail on that board. "Refurbished" usually means someone just changed the busted bit, so you still have an old relay for example.
Still, for an old boiler, a reasonable thing to try. An OK risk for DIY isn't OK when you're charging for it.

By the way, don't ever take the cover off that boiler, and regularly check the case seal for leaks, & put a CO alarm near it. They kill people.

Sponsored Links
Oily - it's an old boiler, a bit like me really.

fr1day - I looked at R10 not R12 :rolleyes: sorry.....

But it still must be a different board cos that one's 21k.

Chris still uses a Netaheat himself. But I dont know which is older.

I cannot find a 407676 but only the rather similar 407677. On the 677 the R12 is a 200k resistor.

Commercially I cannot use repaired PCBs, firstly we are not meant to because they are not manufacturer approved. Secondly if I fitted a 12 year old repaired PCB then its more likely to fail than a new one and I will be expecyed to come and change it for free by the customer.

I do sometimes repair a PCB and use them on test when fault finding or while waiting for a new replacement.

Tony

In that case the question arises which one will go on working for longer, assuming regular servicing!

I haven't serviced it in 28 years, and I'm sure as hell not going to start now!
Much like I treat myself really. My body is a temple, but I'm not religious.

Thanks for all the help, and sorry for the necro post - this thread comes close to the top on a Google search for this PCB.

Got the warning about case seal leaks - I'll be cheking tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back