Potterton combi 80 boiler (baxi)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every time I turn the tap on for hot water the pilot does not ignite but the shut out red light comes on. I reset and try again and same thing happens. A few days ago if I reset it several times it eventually ignited, but now nothing.

I have tried the heating too and same thing happens, doesn't ignite and shut out red light comes on. Can anyone give me some advice and tell me if it is expensive to fix. Help!!

Sponsored Links
Could also be PCB or gas valve etc.

Most of the possible faults wll need a competent CORGI to diagnose.

Best to choose someone with a fixed price diagnostic fee!

Those who charge by the hour have a vested interest in taking a long time!

Tony

Thanks.

I have managed to get it working again by turning the valve and raising the pressure on the gauge to 1.5 bar. Don't know if it will last but so far so good.

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Best to choose someone with a fixed price diagnostic fee!

Those who charge by the hour have a vested interest in taking a long time!

Maur said:
I have managed to get it working again by turning the valve

So in this case you might have paid three times as much to a "fixed diagnostic fee" person as someone who charges you fairly for the work they do.
And if the diagnostic fee turned out to be inadequate, you might find you were paying some other way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back