potterton combi 80 problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton combi 80 and woke a couple of days ago to no hot water or heating. Following the fault finder it highlighted the spark eletrode wasn't working. A local plumber has replaced both the modulator board & sequence board.
Would be grateful if anyone has any advice? Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you can describe what the boiler does ie does fan run etc then we may be able to give advice ONLY if its not gas related.

when the boiler is turned on with central heating on constant or with hot tap running, its not lighting, the fan and pump both turn on but nothing. The pressure is above 1bar and the lockout light is off.
Thanks

A local plumber has replaced both the modulator board & sequence board.

Would be grateful if anyone has any advice? Thanks

I hope that you are not paying for expensive PCBs if they are not required to fix the boiler!

If you employ someone to fix the boiler then you expect him to be competent to dagnose the fault particularly on a common model like this. Blindly changing parts at your cost is not diagnosing the fault.

You have a parts changer not an engineer! Although you did say he was a plumber.

Be aware that BG do a fixed price repair for about £200.

Tony

Sponsored Links
As its not going past that stage it does indicate a fault within the combustion chamber associated with safety critical devices.I would not be able to give any further advice as to how to fix it.A plumber(with respect) would not be my 1st choice when selecting a repairman.He has already guessed at what the fault is and replaced parts that may not have been needed.
You beat me to it Tony. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back