Potterton Combi Boiler stars in 'No Hot Water Upstairs' saga

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am hoping someone can advise me..I have had one cold shower too many :rolleyes:

I have a Potterton Performa 28i and for some reason the flame will not ignite if I run either the sink tap or the shower upstairs. It works fine downstairs, although sometimes is a bit slow to catch. The heating works perfectly on both floors. The pressure is fine. It's been cleaned out.

I should mention, the problem came on progressivly, it wasn't a sudden thing. Also when a boiler engineer came the first time he tried it he got hot water upstairs fine (typical!)

Any clues? Do I have a crappy make?

Sponsored Links
I'm not too familiar with these but after a look at the MI's I see theres a device referred to as a 'Flow sensor with filter'.
If this filter became blocked then the situation you describe could occur.

Sponsored Links
Apparently, according to to potterton it's unlikely to be the flow sensor filter, I shall try the diaphragm!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back