Potterton combi HE Plus 28 boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my Potterton combi HE Plus 28 boiler. We noticed a very bad leak coming from the boiler. When taking off the front cover, I noticed the leak was coming from the flexi hose which is connected to the condensate trap (the hose connects to the trap one end and goes up into the boiler, hope this makes sense). On a closer inspection, the hose has a split in the middle. Can anyone advise a cheap solution as I don't have the funds to call out an engineer.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That hose is technically part of the flue. So it will be leaking flue gasses as well as condensate. Put the cover back on turn the boiler off and don't use it until you have got an engineer to replace the hose. Sorry I can't give you better news, but this is certainly not a repair you can carry out yourself. Shouldnt be a very expensive repair though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back