Potterton EP2000 timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I know the answer is probably obvious but can someone please explain how to access the wiring on an old style Potterton EP2000 timer (see photo) ?

It's not obvious just from looking whether the just front panel is meant to be released or the unit should come away from the wall as a whole. The unit is not bolted tight to the wall but no amount of wiggling has released it yet.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
There's a slot underneath where you push a screwdriver in to unlatch it and the bottom comes away first. POWER OFF FIRST!

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

It was underneath, just to the right of the opening. Push the tab in, GENTLY (doh! :oops:), and the whole unit hinges up on its top edge.

Not that it relates to my original problem, but can anyone tell me what the rear slider switch for "10 or 16 programmes" (see below) does? I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it but I'm curious nonetheless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back