Potterton HE starts then stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Potterton HE boiler and it seems to be having some issues, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Sometimes the boiler fires up for approx 5 seconds then shuts down, the boiler retries about 5 times and fires each time before shutting down. After the five times I have to reset the device to get it to try again. Most of the time this occurs for a while before the device fires and stays lit. It will work for a number of days before failing again and causing me to go through the resets until it fires and stays.

One other anomaly is that the trigger for the cycle of problems is an aggressive fire up, in that it almost sounds like it's trying to explode (It actually blew the cosmetic cover ring on the exhaust port off the wall).

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I cant be more helpfull mate but you can download the instruction manual by putting potterton he instructions into google and it gives you a PDF download option.

on the front or side of your boiler there will be a model number - mines a "40" jsut put in as much info as you can - you,ll be suprised what pops up - the site I found has supplied me with 2 manuals PDF one for the gas fitter giving all the techy speck - and one for the home user.
If you get stuck I,ll post the link - cant do it now coz I,m at work and the site is saved to my home P.C.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back