Potterton Kingfisher 80,000 Btu (2001)

Indeed, I have a Kingfisher MF fitted in 1999 - It does Gravity, fully pumped, a combination of both or sealed system. Says in the MI something about shifting the OH stat if used on gravity system.

There was both a Conventional Flue and Room Sealed version made.

Mine still going strong; converted it to sealed system a few weeks ago, working very well after a bit of X300.

I have shunned both a £2700 Warmfront grant and the £ 400 scrappage scheme in favour of keeping on with this boiler.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a board fault, have experienced it before. Do you also notice it cycling on and off quite rapidly?

Bit silly these boilers though...

You can disconnect the thermistor and it will still work and the OH stat isnt fitted directly to the flow pipe which means its basically redundant hence the water boiling.

thanks to all contributors on this one. I'm replying to rob884's question about the cycling on and off rapidly, because it does tend to do that. As if it is hesitating and can't make its mind up - a succession of clicks before it comes on or decides to stay off. As to precise model: it is a Kingfisher Mf series, and I can only presume that the identification of it as 80,000 Btu defines which one. It was installed sumnmer 2001.

thanks to all contributors on this one. I'm replying to rob884's question about the cycling on and off rapidly, because it does tend to do that. As if it is hesitating and can't make its mind up - a succession of clicks before it comes on or decides to stay off.

Sounds very much like the circuit board. Very easy to replace ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back