Potterton Kingfisher II RS80 Flue Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My father has a Potterton Kingfisher II RS80 and has been told that the flue does not conform to current standards.

Is there a generic flue kit available to replace the existing flue?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
there is not a generic flue for your dad's boiler.

What has been said to be wrong with the flue?

My father has a Potterton Kingfisher II RS80 and has been told that the flue does not conform to current standards.
Apart from not being to current standards, is there anything actually wrong with the flue? If there isn't, then nothing has to be done.

It may simply be that the flue has no guard or that its position now considered wrong eg too close to a corner or a downpipe etc. Nothing to worry about.Get it clarified.

Sponsored Links
Thats what I thought.Flue has no guard and probably too close to external corner.If the flue is in a public area then fit a guard to it,but if in your backyard then forget about it.There is nothing to worry about.

Was it BG that informed you of this ? they should have also told you hwhat you need to do (which does not involve spending thousands on a band A condensing boiler!) ;)

Just a Guard (about £15 from a plumbers merchant - 100mm longer and wider and 50mm deeper than the flue terminal will do!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back