Potterton Netaheat 40e - No Pilot Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help....

Our boiler, a Potterton Netaheat 40e has stopped working, we currently have no heating or hot water. The pilot light doesn't appear to be igniting, although my husband says that the fuse that is connected to the PCB is working fine (he just tested). When the dial is turned from 0 (off), it clicks and the fan starts, then there is a second click, but no spark. This happened about 3 months ago but miraculously starting working again?!

If any of you have any ideas that we can try, it would be much appreciated. I understand that this question is probably along the same lines as how long is a piece of string, so apologise in advance!

Many thanks and kind regards,

Laura

Sponsored Links
It could be a failure of the spark generator. I think you can normally here a clicking as the spark is generated, so if you can't hear anything, it might be that. I have previously replaced the spark generator, I think it costs around £70.

No, there is no spark...how would we test to see if it was failure of the spark generator?

Thanks for your replies btw...

Sponsored Links
It may be that the spark generator is part of the PCB on this model. I was thinking of earlier versions of the Netaheat. In which case Arundel is right, you need a new PCB. The boiler manual should tell you how to fault find. If you haven't got one you can view one on www.partsarena.com/baxi/

Many thanks for that link - I have passed it to my husband to have a look...

Yes, it is a Netaheat Profile, sorry, should have mentioned that before.

I've found some new pcb's on a well known auction site, I guess if I can find one relatively cheap, it's worth buying and trying to see if it is that first before calling someone out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back