Potterton Netaheat Mk2 10/16 - PCB availability ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've got a sick Potterton Netaheat Mk2 10/16, which has been diagnosed with a faulty PCB. An engineer I had out popped along to his local supplier and picked up a replacement PCB, only to find it was the wrong type. Another trip resulted in yet another wrong PCB. A phone call to Baxi confirmed that the PCB was obsolete. This is, I accept a very old boiler.

Anyone confirm this? Is there a parts source for obsolete PCBs for this boiler?

Searching the net I've found part #s 407676 & 407677 - neither of which look like my PCB.

Sponsored Links
What are the symptoms with regards to the boilers operation (if any)?

Boiler stopped working Friday evening. I noticed the 1amp fuse on the front had blown. I replaced this and this got the boiler working again. However, 2 hrs later, the boiler stopped working, and the fuse has NOT blown.

Turning the dial no longer shows any spark inside. There' a click, but nothing else. No fan noise (that I can hear), no gas noise, anything. Just nothing.

doh .. I've been looking at the wrong thing. I was looking at the spark generator, not the PCB.

Aftermarket (reconditioned) PCB's seem to a plenty for this boiler. Code seems to be POTTERTON NETAHEAT 10/16 PCB 205295.

Is there any reason (other than the obvious, "we'd like to install a new boiler in your home sir", as to why I shouldn't look at the replacement (reconditioned) PCB route ?

Sponsored Links
I would be suspecting the fan as you can't hear it, of course if there is no power to it then you wouldn't but IIRC the fuse protects the PCB from a faulty fan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back