Potterton netaheat profile 80e - not lighting UP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting cool, hmmm now its cold... stopped sometime this afternoon.

When demand comes on the fan (and pumps) run fine, feeling outside by the flue there is a fair draft.
I'm pretty sure the quiet click by boiler controler I hear is the air pressure switch on OK but nothing else happens, no clicking of the ignition etc.
3 wires on pressure switch: more to the center is the live/brown?
two wires at top, white and orange.
The central wire showed live, only one at the top (white I think) indicates live with tester screwdriver.
Quite hard to get to (2, red) gas solenoids to test but I think NO lives on any of the 5 wires.
PCB looks ok, no scorches etc
Pressed the reset button - no change

Suggestions re good contacts (Bromley area)?
Suggestions what to check?

Sponsored Links
If you are competent you could measure the resistance of each gas solenoid.

Tony

Multimeters (we have 3 or so) seem to go missing with the kids, I'll have a search in the am.
Any ideas about what the live wires on the air pressure switch should be - I wondered if only white meant low pressure [orange showing a higher pressure?] and perhaps the fan a bit slow/inefficient. It is, as usual, quite rattly/noisy (not normally an issue as it is in the garage).

Assuming I can get a decent reading what range is OK across which pairs of the three (top left, bottom left, right as I look at contacts)?

Should they actuate and that then set ignition clicking?
I imagine it only feeds gas when it knows it has ignition guaranteed - or is one solenoid for a pilot and then the other main?
Or another cunning plan?...
Many thanks so far...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back